As an Expert Solution Architect, you will be part of a highly visible team focused on aligning strategic objectives with tactical demands. You will deliver solution approaches that clearly describe the different views of an architecture required for implementation.
This role will engage, collaborate and partner with various functional leaders, technical leaders and executive stakeholders to understand long and short term business and technology strategies, provide thought leadership and engage in proactive planning of an executable technology roadmap. These roadmaps will address the strategic and tactical business and technology priorities as well as challenges and intended business outcomes. This role will also be responsible for helping to establish the practice of Solution Architecture within Nike and will bring broad experiences in driving quality & consistency in solution architecture approaches and deliverables enterprise wide.
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world’s largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate Nike’s rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Nike Technology, there are no Nike products.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Solution Architecture space, join Nike’s Enterprise Architecture organization! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
The Solution Architecture team will partner and engage directly with business and technology leaders across the Domain in planning, creating, maintaining and executing solution approaches that are aligned to the roadmaps and architectural principles established by enterprise architecture.
- Leads specific solution architectures for capabilities within a geography
- Drives and facilitates the right discussions that identify business solutions in relation to current and future technology landscape
- Leads solution optioning and recommendations around complex solutions for specific capabilities within a geography
- Develops solution architecture approaches aligned with domain roadmaps, reference architectures and enterprise platforms
- Creates and maintains solution and technology inventories
- Lead, build, manage, and enhance solution architectures to drive enablement of the longer term roadmap
- Works closely with Domain architect and leaders to develop domain roadmaps and FROM-TO solution architectures
- Works closely with solution/technical architects to deliver solution architecture artifacts needed for solution architecture approach deliverable
- Works closely with Reference Architecture and Next-Generation Platform teams to drive prioritization of needed capabilities
- Presents recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose
- Advocate and drive adoption of “best practices” to ensure standardization of solution architecture outputs across the enterprise
- Alignment with corporate strategies through strong business and technical thought leadership
- Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines with little need for escalation
- Current knowledge of industry best practices
- 7+ years of experience in performing the responsibilities of solution architecture and technology roadmap creation
- 3+ years as a lead architect
- 10+ years combined hands-on engineering experience with public cloud, distributed computing, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), and custom developed solutions
- Large enterprise experience including global experience with solution delivery
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills – ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
- Strong facilitation skills and experience in managing senior stakeholder relationship, partnership and interactions
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)
- Self-starter with high motivation and passion who thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to change
- Strong leadership, confidence, and influencing skills. High level of executive presence
Apply through your ambitionOne career concierge, or leave your details below;