The CMI Manager Advanced Analytics is responsible for leading a team of advanced analysts to produce statistically grounded insights. They must ensure that the work is delivered with flair and imagination and is statistically robust. Yet they must ensure that the storytelling is comprehensible to non-statistical people.
They must be confident enough in approaches such as machine learning, natural language processing or artificial intelligence that they can confidently explain the uses or interpretation of these to non-technical experts. They should be comfortable in the digital space. They must command via academics and experience the respect of more junior advanced analysts in this space.
- Primary Responsibilities
o Lead a team of advanced analysts and take responsibility for career development, functional development and project management.
o Discovery of insights via the analysis of multiple data sources and advanced analytics, including media insights & commissioned research.
o Review statistical or machine learning models for service delivery..
o Advise on industrialisation of advanced analytics services and assist Innovation Lead with industrialisation as appropriate.
o Oversight of advanced tools, such as NLP, visualisation etc., where some domain knowledge is required and/or programming skills are necessary.
- Secondary Responsibilities
o Guides and up-skills junior analysts, including occasional review of their output.
o Identify candidates for new services or ways-of-working improvements and feed this into a global centre of excellence to drive service improvement.
- Primary Traits (required)
o Statistical / numerical background (degree or equivalent).
o Some experience with analytical tools.
o Line management experience.
o Some data modelling experience.
o Foundational programming / coding skills desirable.
- Secondary Traits (‘nice to have’)
o Experience driving business value from consumer insight.
o Experience co-ordinating the introduction of a new internal service or capability at a major organisation.
o Passion for the social & digital world and its implications for business.
- Primary delivery responsibility to both Global Categories & assigned regional (market / cluster) brand teams.
- Will deliver multiple project simultaneously; time & resource is managed by PDC Delivery Hub Manager.
- Management of more junior analyst roles.
- Collaboration with data analyst peers on model development.
- Support the Innovation Lead on new service development.
- Work with other PDC delivery roles to ensure that all outputs are created to a high standard & consistency.