In this role you have the opportunity to work in a 21 petabytes business with world class medical systems where you have the ability to determine the future… Philips Research is the innovation engine of Philips. It is creating new innovative digital solutions and cloud based services on top of our informatics platforms. Your are responsible for o Convert requirements into an architecture and design that ultimately constitute the blueprint for the solution.
- Design by leveraging technology and available platforms, contributing to roadmaps.
- Ensure complete and up to date documentation of the architecture and implementation thereof to a level that it can be used by project teams; using (standard) methods & tools for a structured approach.
- Driving an accepted implementation of architecture, by explaining, convincing, involving of and cooperating with all functions, deciding; incl. supporting validation and verification; solving issues and learning from them; architecture lifecycle management and evaluation of platform usage.
- You ensure proper use of IT technologies and big data lifecycle management methodologies in/for Philips products and services. In addition you contribute to data lifecycle management/data analytics strategy within the Research program.
- You have a good understanding of state of the art software technologies and have good programming skills to apply these in new Research contributions.
- You support important challenges in each phase of data lifecycle management (from data acquisition, via cleansing, integration, analysis to interpretation and visualization). This also includes domain specific IT infrastructures and techniques within clinical, acute care and population health.
You are a part of Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we’re dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people’s lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets.
Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. The mission of the Digital Platform Solutions team is to accelerate the creation of new digital propositions by providing deep knowledge and expertise on digital platforms, big data lifecycle management, software development and cloud and high performance computing (HPC).
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- A MSc/BSc in computer science, mathematics, physics or another relevant area in an advanced IT technology setting and minimal 3 years working experience in the area of big data analytics;
- Strong architectural knowledge and proven experience on digital platforms, cloud solutions, big data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Spark) and complex IT Infrastructures;
- Excellent software development skills (Java and Python). Experience with cloud solutions such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and/or Google cloud is considered a pre;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong personal relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips Research; with customers, obtain their user needs and be able to transform those into practical solutions;
- Team worker in multidisciplinary and international settings, able to adapt quickly;
- Fast learner able to quickly picking up new areas.
In return PHILIPS offers you
As Senior Architect Big Data Analytics you will participate in innovative Research projects where you will boost our innovations by enabling the creation of value out of our big data collections. You will be asked to bring in your expertise in the field of healthcare informatics, architecture and big data handling to support our teams in creating breakthrough innovations. In other words: you will have the opportunity to co-create our future!
Contact our ambitionOne career concierges if you are interested in this position or related jobs: